- 2-stage filter (active carbon, ceramic) not only removes disease-causing agents, but also chemicals and improves the taste of the drinking water
- Simple change to 1-stage operation (only ceramic without activated carbon stage) reduces use of active carbon granules and ensures maximum use of capacity
- Long lasting and extremely reliable
- Tap add-on kit Plus offers simple connection to a tap in a kitchen, caravan, camper or boat--the only water filter for both indoor and outdoor use
- Cleanable ceramic filter element--also filters very cloudy water
- Measuring gauge supplied--indicates when the filter element should be changed
Ceramic filters have a micro porous structure with impregnated silver which delays the growth of bacteria. The pore-size of Katadyn ceramic filters is 0.2 micron (0.0002 mm). Bacteria range in size from 0.2 to 5 micron and, like protozoa (1 to 15 micron), are efficiently filtered out. Ceramic filters can be mechanically regenerated and the filter capacity is measurable.
Activated carbon is used for its ability to reduce harmful organic and inorganic substances in the water. It removes unpleasant tastes, odors, chlorine, pesticides (lindane, DDT) and trihalomethanes (THMs). These substances adhere to the large surface area of the activated carbon. Activated carbon granulate cannot be regenerated.
- Technology: 0.2 micron ceramic depth filter and activated carbon
- Output: ca. 1 liters/minute
- Cartridge Capacity: up to 50,000 l (depending on water quality)
- Carbon Capacity: up to 400 l (2 fillings)
- Weight: ca. 580 g
- Size: 27 x 6 cm (10.6 x 2.4 inches)
- Includes: Prefilter, bottle adaptor and carry bag
Why Treat Water?
A crystal-clear stream or lake usually contains microorganisms that can make you sick. Water contaminants like protozoa, bacteria and viruses, can cause serious illness. Optimize your travel preparation and use a portable drinking water system from Katadyn.
Katadyn of Switzerland has been producing high quality portable water systems since 1928. Their history has been one of innovation and durability. Katadyn products are used by militaries, health organizations and outdoor adventurers world-wide. No other water system provides higher quality or longer lasting performance. Katadyn is the global leader in portable water treatment. With subsidiaries in the United States, Germany, France, and Singapore; Katadyn develops, produces and distributes high quality products which are used whenever safe drinking water isn t available--for travel, camping and humanitarian operations.
Features : All-around filter for 1 to 4 persons *Perfect for camping or trekking expeditions *Long lasting and extremely reliable *Cleanable ceramic filter element--also filters very cloudy water *Measuring gauge supplied--indicates when the filter element should be changed
Color : Blue
Product dimensions :
Product weight : 2.15 pounds
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: